Please Help..

sebarrier3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
To make a long story short, I photographed a wedding today with my Nikon D50, using a 1 GB SD Ultra 2 memory card. Later while trying to put them onto a computer I was in the menu on the camera and accidentally hit format. All of the pictures were gone before I copied them onto the computer. :shock: Is there anyway to recover them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -sarah

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are a number of utilities out there that claim to be able to retrieve deleted files from flash cards, although I've never personally used any of them. This is one I found during a quick google search: http://www.sharewareriver.com/product.php?id=24726

Do a search for something like "recover deleted files sd" and you should find quite a few hits. Anyone used any of these utilities before?

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
Doesn't the Format function have a confirmation? Doesn't it say something like "Are you sure you want to format?"

I know there are utilities, as Chase mentioned...but I had thought those are for when the images are deleted...but I'm not sure about a full Format.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you get your images back.

BubblePixel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Oh no...... :( I sincerely hope you can get them back!!!

OP
S

sebarrier3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Thanks for your concern... Just to update you all, I took Chases advice and searched for software that recovers lost pictures and did find some online that I could download. It recovered about 3/4's of my pictures and some were all chopped up but I was happy that I hadn't lost every one of them. So thank you so much Chase!! :hug:: I learned a very important lesson....save all pictures onto another source before messing with them haha.

Most reactions

New Topics