Please join me in kicking my butt!!!

cannpope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Everyone, please join in and help kick my butt!! If I could kick myself in the rear right now, I WOULD! I have made my mind up that I want a Tokina 100mm macro lens for my D700 and found one on B & H website yesterday in 9+ condition for $100 less than it costs new. Was going to order it today BUT GUESS WHAT...IT'S GONE, GONE, GONE!! UGH UGH UGH on me :(

wwwMessenToolscom-emoticones-humor-.gif

9+ from B&H does not mean like new. It will have scuffs on it. Don't sweat it, you can find another deal like that.

I would not buy Tokina. Maybe not Tamron either. Sigma only EX models.
Just get a Nikon. Anyway you will have one in the end. Why kiss so many frogs before kissing the princess?

Yeah, don't sweat it. I very nearly got that same lens on Ebay for about $5 more than the maximum I'd budgeted for it. In the end, I decided to stick with my budget and let that one go. The very same night, I found one on KEH, Excellent condition, for $80 LESS than I'd budgeted, about $120 less than new!

It arrived last night, and I can't WAIT to start shooting with it. Alas, I am stuck in my office at work all day...

Oh, and mine is truly excellent condition--there is one tiny, tiny little scuff mark on the lens cap; otherwise, it looks brand new. The deals are out there, just be patient!

Yeah, don't sweat it. I very nearly got that same lens on Ebay for about $5 more than the maximum I'd budgeted for it. In the end, I decided to stick with my budget and let that one go. The very same night, I found one on KEH, Excellent condition, for $80 LESS than I'd budgeted, about $120 less than new!

It arrived last night, and I can't WAIT to start shooting with it. Alas, I am stuck in my office at work all day...

Oh, and mine is truly excellent condition--there is one tiny, tiny little scuff mark on the lens cap; otherwise, it looks brand new. The deals are out there, just be patient!

Holy crap.
You probably don't realize that there is a direct electronic and spiritual connection from the lens cap directly to the sensor and that tiny tiny scuff mark will result in blurriness over the center of any image you take.
That's why I always immediately lose my lens cap. :lol:

Holy crap.
You probably don't realize that there is a direct electronic and spiritual connection from the lens cap directly to the sensor and that tiny tiny scuff mark will result in blurriness over the center of any image you take.

Aw, crap. I KNEW it was too good a deal to be true!
So, if I lose the lens cap, will it fix the problem??:lmao:

I would not buy Tokina. Maybe not Tamron either. Sigma only EX models.
Just get a Nikon. Anyway you will have one in the end. Why kiss so many frogs before kissing the princess?

Because tokina makes a great macro lens?

Holy crap.

Aw, crap. I KNEW it was too good a deal to be true!
So, if I lose the lens cap, will it fix the problem??:lmao:

I've lost three caps for my tokina so far, seems that I use it often enough to forget to put it back on!

If you can save a few more bucks the sigma 150mm f2.8 apo is a nice choice as well. Don't forget about the Tamron 180mm f3.5 DI LD IF macro is known to be great. They're coming out with a 180mm f2.8 version too.

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20490212.html]Nikon Autofocus 150 F2.8 SIGMA APO MACRO D EX DG HSM (72) 35MM SLR AUTO FOCUS TELEPHOTO LENS - KEH.com[/URL]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back