Please offer your c&c....

I was trying to "copy" a shot used in a S&W pro shop ad, that is running this month..... trying to understand how different lighting works on different objects......I haven't quite figured out the layout of the forum, so this might be in the wrong place....I do this for fun....not to make money.....

BTW, I totally agree about cleaning/retouching.....the gun came straight out of the hoster, unloaded, and photographed.....thanks for the help....I appreciate it.....

Thats an awesome firearm you have there!!!!

I prefer shooting a camera than a firearm.

I definitely agree with not cropping the grip; however, you said you're trying to recreate a shot you saw in an ad. How do you think it turned out?

I think I came very close to what I wanted to achieve.....I am fairly well pleased with the lighting.....

I think I came very close to what I wanted to achieve.....I am fairly well pleased with the lighting.....

One thing you might consider; post a link to the photo you wish to emulate.

One thing you might consider; post a link to the photo you wish to emulate.

If I can find it on the net, I will.....I went back and looked at the ad in the magazine, and they did show more of the grip than I did, but, not then entire grip.....I agree, needs more grip in my shot.....

They used a strong light (flash) and added some phony highlights in photoshop.

Also had a shinier subject.

Q-Tips, Hoppes and microfiber cloths will get rid of the dirt, soot, fingerprints and excess oil. That would make a huge difference in the final product.

Also, touch up the holster wear on the safety and forward portion of the frame. They really jump out st me like a sore thumb. 5 seconds with the clone stamp tool will most likely make them disappear.

Most reactions

Back