Please, Sir! Would you have an extra peanut to spare?

jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This little gal has come to expect that I will toss raw peanuts in the shell out the door when she sees me. Most of the time she spends her time with her sibling under the bird feeder rummaging around for seeds in the grass.

jan30202301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan30202302 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan30202303 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

These guys move fast and are always on the move so photos of them are not particularly easy....Nice shots but ummmm watch your nuts.

These guys move fast and are always on the move so photos of them are not particularly easy....Nice shots but ummmm watch your nuts.
Thanks! This one just sits on the fence and watches to see if I'll throw out a handful of peanuts. She has to be fast because the Bluejays do not waste any time collecting them all.

Jeff are they Blue Jays or Stellars Jays, Stellars are blue and black, Stellars also can mimic a hawk. They make like 30 sounds, something like that. And yes they do hoard the peanuts along with the big gray squirrels, I hate the big gray ones. We have 2 of the lil brown ones.

Very nice set! #3 in particular is incredibly sharp, you did well on such a quick moving subject.

She's so cute! And clearly has you trained. :lol:

I love it when squirrels sit up and clasp their front paws together, like she's doing in #2. :586:

You can see the pleading in its eyes ;)

Nice shots. I once worked in Queens NYC on the second floor of an office building that abutted a tree. I was a peanut nut eater, shells and all and often left the windoiw open a few inches to get fresh air. I noticed in the morning that there were shell casing all over my desk and found out that a squirrel was sneaking in at night to eat my stash. After a while, he got brave and started to come in during the day. You need to get a shot of you feeding him. That would be neat. Here's one I took of a friendly pigeon in NYC by City Hall where everything wants to be a politician.

Jeff are they Blue Jays or Stellars Jays, Stellars are blue and black, Stellars also can mimic a hawk. They make like 30 sounds, something like that. And yes they do hoard the peanuts along with the big gray squirrels, I hate the big gray ones. We have 2 of the lil brown ones.
Definitely Blue Jays here. We only have the gray squirrels.
Very nice set! #3 in particular is incredibly sharp, you did well on such a quick moving subject.

She's so cute! And clearly has you trained. :lol:

I love it when squirrels sit up and clasp their front paws together, like she's doing in #2. :586:
They are hilarious. It's as if they know they are tugging the heart-strings with their little antics. Thanks!
You can see the pleading in its eyes ;)
Yep!
Nice shooting.... :encouragement:
Thanks!
Tree rats...
But much cuter than rats...
Nice shots. I once worked in Queens NYC on the second floor of an office building that abutted a tree. I was a peanut nut eater, shells and all and often left the windoiw open a few inches to get fresh air. I noticed in the morning that there were shell casing all over my desk and found out that a squirrel was sneaking in at night to eat my stash. After a while, he got brave and started to come in during the day. You need to get a shot of you feeding him. That would be neat. Here's one I took of a friendly pigeon in NYC by City Hall where everything wants to be a politician.

Thanks! Wildlife around here is extremely skittish, so feeding by hand would take months of patience to do.

You call that begging??

An old shot of Squeeker doing the "peanut trick" I trained him to come and sit on the railing when called and he had to look into the window so I could take a picture if I wanted. I would then toss a peanut onto the ground for him.

20210531_095355 - Copy.jpg

Way back at some time in the mid 80's there was a significant hurricane that made it up to Long Island where I was living at the time.
Power was out everywhere including the machine shop I was working at so I was stuck at home, bored out of my mind.
I was reading, laying in the sun on the living room floor with the door open and eating peanuts. I noticed a squirrel and started tossing it peanuts.
After only a couple of days, I had it coming into the living room and taking them from my hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back