Please suggest a good book on digital photography?

mandysaini

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Friends,

i have the basic understanding of a dslr (aperture ,shutter speed, iso settings) i don't have the time nor the money for a good photography course, but if someone thinks a book had helped them learn the tips and trick then please do let me know :) thanks

An excellent book on composition: The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman

The Digital Photographer's Handbook by Tom Ang

To add to above
Steve Sint.
Kelby - @ kelby training will be having some HUGE sales soon.
Joe McNally
David Ziser,
Christopher Grey
Light Science and Magic - by Hunter, Biver, Fuqua
Chris Burfoot
Damien Lovengrove

Judging by the signature of this person, I'm wondering if they'll ever come back or if they really cared about finding a good book :er:

Judging by the signature of this person, I'm wondering if they'll ever come back or if they really cared about finding a good book :er:

NOW you're telling me :D

Well, at least this can be a decent reference thread for someone else seeking similar information.

Wait...that would mean that someone actually searched for information instead of just posting their question. Scratch that.

Well, at least this can be a decent reference thread for someone else seeking similar information.

Wait...that would mean that someone actually searched for information instead of just posting their question. Scratch that.

Actually, this noob just picked up Understanding Exposure this weekend due to having seen this thread a day or two before. The rest are on a list to pick up over time. Thanks (from this noob anyhow) for the suggestions! :thumbup:

I have recommended this one so many times, that I think I will pick up a copy just for my bookshelf so I can loan it to people. I borrowed a copy and read it ages ago when I saw it listed here somewhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back