PLM

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This guy sums up my feelings about this awesome lens. It remains glued to one of my KP bodies. I had an earlier iteration of the DA55-300, but this one is like a well-developed spacecraft by comparison. Not a fast lens except in the fast and quiet focus speed, but lightweight, compact, really sharp throughout the entire zoom range with very little fall off, and nice bokeh- it's just spectacular. Every apsc Pentax user should have one.

I watched his video review...sounds like a really good lens! Years ago, Nikon's old 1970's era 50-300 was only so-so, but that was 50 years ago... This lens sounds nice!

Reactions: pez
He says at least a couple of times that the performance reminds him of the DA* lenses, but it is not so big and heavy as those excellent lenses are.

I have to agree, it's in the DA* neighborhood in terms of IQ, and better focus speed. Just playing with it you'd never know it was so special.

I have this mounted on my K-70 and I have to agree with everyone's comments. I shoot a lot of wildlife and the silence and focus speed are a Godsend. Great bokeh also. Once in a while I'll stick it on my K-7, which obviously wasn't designed for it. It works fine in wide open aperture, 6.3 isn't all that radical, and as long as I keep the f-stop within those limits I get the same quality pics and auto focus.

Reactions: pez

Most reactions

Back