pls help me

andylou17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i have process my film using HC-110 dilution 1:31 with Tmax 400, developing time 6min

the problem is i used that film to print, but the print out is so noisy and the grain is big. do u guys have any solution to this problem?

and how do i attach the pic in here?[/img]

for dilution B your time seems to be correct, but still need many more details.

- did you shoot the film rated at 400?
- at what temperature did you develop?
- did you keep all the chemicals at the same temperature?
- what methodology do you use when the film is in the developer? ie did you invert? shake? how often and how much?

i used 68 degree F as what the factory mention

yes, i did shoot the film rated at 400

yes, i keep all the chemical in the same temperature i put them all in the tray with the water, so that it will keep them the same temperature

i turn and invert it
agitation for the first 30 sec and 5 sec for every 30 sec.

i can see that my negative so thin, but i don't know it's so noise, is it because i shoot them in a dim light?

i have the same problem too with other film which i over develop, but some turns out good less grain, some a lot of grain especially where there's not much light like indoor light. is that the problem.

when i take the picture on dimly light i don't use flash

ohhh yah, the most important part; how to post an image here.

just use the image tags

it would be helpful to see it.

Did you keep the wash water at the same temperature too? Variations of as little as 2 degrees across the whole process can cause micro-reticulation which looks like bad grain.
Would need to see your negs to tell you for certain.

just 2 degree difference in washing will mesh everything out. i think i wash it cooler than the process, i wash it with water running through the film and i wash that for 15 min.

is it possible the printing problem?

well, you still haven't emailed the image to me so i could upload it. without that, it's difficult to even understand the problem. could be riticulation. could be minerals in your water. could be air bubbles. would help to see it.

If you wash it in running water from the cold tap it's almost certainly reticulation. Try filling a big bucket with water at the same temp as everything else and use this to wash with. Use the Kodak twenty changes method. Make sure the room you are in is around 20C too. If the problem persists get back to us. It's the best advice we can give without seeing your negs.
Hope it helps

1:31 for 6 minutes? Is that correct? Its been a long time since I developed BW and I don't think I have ever used HC-110 but that sounds way to high of a dilution.

6 minutes is about the normal developing time for tmax using tmax developer. Like I said its been a while since I worked with BW film or is HC-110 a paper developer? I know some films you can use paper developer but I have never tried it. Usually tmax has a very tight grain even for 400 ASA.

BernieSC said:
1:31 for 6 minutes? Is that correct? Its been a long time since I developed BW and I don't think I have ever used HC-110 but that sounds way to high of a dilution.

yah, that's correct for the hc-110(b) dilution.

Most reactions

Back