plustek 7200 film scanner

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I'm the worlds biggest skeptic. I was sure that the 7200 scanner would be crap or at lest the cheapest version wouldn't have the silverfast scanning software. Well I have to tell you I think I was wrong about them.

I messed around and found a place that would sell me the plustek 72oo dpi dedicated film scanner for 189 no shipping. I had already decided to stay with film so it was after much soul searching that I broke down and bought the scanner.

I have the plustek flat bed scanner that scans up to 5x7 negs. I am well satisfied with it, but I broke down and bought a very old minolta quik scan just to see if dedicated film scanning is better and it is. So then it was what to buy. For two hundred bucks i could have gotten another lower resolution used scanner but with a more respected name or the new plustek.

The scanner was a true pain to install but afterwards, it has worked just fine. With the silverfast software as a driver, it works well with my other programs as well. It is one of the better purchases I have made. I boxed up the old scsi minolta just in case I need it as a backup, but I really am pleased with the plustek.

I know they have two more expensive versions of the 7200 but this one seems to be just fine for anything I want to do. Now I have all the hardware in place to go back to work.

Anyway if you want a high resolution scanner for a lot less than five grand the plustek is worth the money in my opinion. I do wish it would do a roll by itself but hey I'm not going to be all that picky. You can load six negs in the carrier and just push them through one at a time. I don't have to remove it to repossition after every scan.

This scanner only does negatives , does it give you a digital print on your computer ?

Most reactions

Back