Pocket wizard question ?

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's probably been covered before but the apps search button isn't the hottest

Mini tt1 and flex tt5. I'm thinking of getting them. However, I came across from plus x's that are nice. I saw somewhere that the difference between the flex and the mini is that you can mount a flash on the flex. With that being said, the mini has a hot shoe on it and I've seen in reviews that you can place a flash on it. Anyone use a flash on the mini? I would like to grab one but can't decide which one to get ( or both ).

You probably should visit the Pocket Wizard website and read the features of each type. Seems to me I read somewhere that the Plus-X's are lacking some features of the other models.

You probably should visit the Pocket Wizard website and read the features of each type. Seems to me I read somewhere that the Plus-X's are lacking some features of the other models.

Yes I can do that. I think the major hiccup is the plus x's don't do groups but my main question was regarding the mini. I feel like the site wasn't that clear. Could've been me and not understanding fully.

I can try it for you. I use my mini on top of the camera with an SU800, and then a flex under each flash. This allows me to control the power on each flash from the SU800, so I can do it all from the camera, which is a HUGE help when out in the field shooting portraits and such. I can try and see if the mini will work as a receiver, but I don't think it does. As far as I know the mini is only a transmitter, while the flex's are transceivers. If I were to do it again, I might just go with all Flex's. They take double A (instead of the expensive CR2 battery), and can be used as a transmitter or receiver. BUT, the mini is small, light, and I bought a $20 accessory cord that plugs into the ten pin and powers the mini (no more expensive batteries).

I'll test that shortly [emoji106]

I can try it for you. I use my mini on top of the camera with an SU800, and then a flex under each flash. This allows me to control the power on each flash from the SU800, so I can do it all from the camera, which is a HUGE help when out in the field shooting portraits and such. I can try and see if the mini will work as a receiver, but I don't think it does. As far as I know the mini is only a transmitter, while the flex's are transceivers. If I were to do it again, I might just go with all Flex's. They take double A (instead of the expensive CR2 battery), and can be used as a transmitter or receiver. BUT, the mini is small, light, and I bought a $20 accessory cord that plugs into the ten pin and powers the mini (no more expensive batteries).

I'll test that shortly [emoji106]

That's what I mean. If I can use it to transmit and use the mini to trigger the x's and use a flash on the mini.

And when I need ttl on all ill use the flex

cc4730e9f68404eafcdd670bf49e656f.jpg

Flex TT5 on camera and Mini TT1 on camera. It's a no go!

fc95688f4a7cdbfe8f5af69880b9de59.jpg

Mini-TT1 on camera and Flex TT5 on flash. It works!

I don't know how many flashes you have but are you able to put the mini on the camera with a flash on top of the mini ? And still fire a flash on the flex ?

I don't know how many flashes you have but are you able to put the mini on the camera with a flash on top of the mini ? And still fire a flash on the flex ?

Lemme try that.

Question answered

:) ordering PW now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418007286.468263.jpg

You'll love them. I've shot with them from a couple hundred feet away (probably close to 250-300 and they never fail [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

You'll love them. I've shot with them from a couple hundred feet away (probably close to 250-300 and they never fail [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I ordered the tt1 and plus x's. I'll pick up at tt5 or two down the road.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418257616.699628.jpg

Package one arrived :)

Most reactions

Back