Pocket Wizard SB700 Sekonic L-358 question

Oceandiver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Guys,

I have a Sekonic L-358 with the RT32N inserted to wirelessly fire the flash (using a Pocket Wizard Flex TT5).

When I slide a SB600 flash into the Pocket Wizard, the system works flawlessly. However, when I try to use the SB700, it does not work. More specifically, it gives me one flash when I push the button on the Sekonic, then will not fire again until I turn off the SB700, and turn it back on. After that initial fire, when I push the button on the Sekonic, I get a red light on the Pocket Wizard. I believe I am supposed to leave the SB700 in the "on" position, not the remote or master positions, I have tried all of them, and tried reset in case I messed something up.

Is there some sort of setting I am missing on something? Somewhere?

One other question, I am not even sure why I don't just use the SB600 and don't even bother futzing with the SB700. Is there any value added by using the SB700 over the SB600?

Thanks !

When was the last time you updated the firmware and changed all the batteries? My guess it is not firing, because the flash is taking a while to recharge. Either adjust the power settings or reset the flash back to default settings.

Why not keep both and one as your key light (sb700) and the other as a fill/seperation light, just saying. You pretty much have an inexpensive, portable lighting setup..good luck.

The SB-700 must be on full TTL. The Sekonic and Flex must be on the same channel. I don't think the PW can be on-camera when you use the SB-700, but you wouldn't need it on camera with a PW. Upgrading the firmware and using fresh batteries is a good idea. Double-check your settings in the PW software. Also, don't remove one flash and then put another one on. If you change flashes, you should power down the PW system and then power it on in order. Turn on the flash first, then the PW, then the camera. Set the camera to manual at 1/125 and take a calibration shot to make sure the flash fires. If you have continued problems, contact PW support.

Or you can use the sync cord from your light meter to your PW.

Is this flash on your camera or on a stand?

Most reactions

Back