Pocket wizards??

dust_0ff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey does anybody have any experiance with these? also does anybody know where i could get a set for a good deal?
any helo would be greatly apreciated. :)

I have seen them but not used them personally. However, just about every serious photographer that I know of, who uses remote flash triggers....loves their Pocket Wizards. The only real disadvantage is that they are rather expensive.

Elinchrom has a new(ish) product called Skyports, or something like that. The initial reviews are good and they are cheaper than the P.W.s

The other option is 'E-bay' (made in china) slaves. They can be had for less that $40. I have one, it's works well on my older flash units but not with my Canon brand flash.

I would recommend using the links at the top of the page. B&H or Adorama, they have fair prices and great service.

I was reading about those the Radio Popper (radio E-TTL) just yesterday. They expect to be shipping the first ones in January...I curious to see that people will have to say, once they have tested them. It looks interesting, but it seems that you still need the regular sending unit (master) and obviously the slave. For Canon, for example, you would still need a 580 or and ST-E2 to be the master and the Radio Popper just turns that IR signal into a radio signal.

With other radio triggers, you don't need a 'master'...just one unit as a sender and one as a receive...but there is no E-TTL.

Most reactions

Back