Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Scenes from The Racetrack, a 12 minutes exposure taken in Death Valley during one of the Workshops I led there last January. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

SL_02218.jpg

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Wow, the more I see and read about filters is giving me a little gas.

Wow, the more I see and read about filters is giving me a little gas.

A good ND filter is an essential piece of kit to me. Super nice to have and can make boring mid day landscape shots interesting.

Very nice. I like the time-lapse effect with the clouds.

WesternGuy

Beautiful shot.

What intervalometer do you use?

Sorry for the gear question. I had a cheapo Chinese one that worked well until it died after about 3 years of use. I pledged on crowd-funding page for a fancy, do everything unit, which I've been using over the past few months. It works. Has a lot of advanced features. Can set/trigger it from my phone, etc. But honestly, I miss the simplicity of my cheapo one. LOL

Hello everyone,

thank you for your comments, glad you enjoyed the photograph.

As far as the technical comments / questions, this is a long exposure, not a time-lapse :) No intervalometer needed: to do a 12 minutes long exposure, you just need a ND filter; here, I also used a Grad ND to balance the sky and the ground. Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

Hello everyone,

As far as the technical comments / questions, this is a long exposure, not a time-lapse :) No intervalometer needed: to do a 12 minutes long exposure, you just need a ND filter; here, I also used a Grad ND to balance the sky and the ground. Hope this helps, best regards

Vieri

12 minute exposure require bulb mode unless you're using a body I'm not familiar with that allows for 12 minutes shutter speeds.

I asked about the interalometer because most folks use one for long exposures that require bulb mode. Maybe you're simply using a simple remote trigger.

Hello everyone,

Vieri

12 minute exposure require bulb mode unless you're using a body I'm not familiar with that allows for 12 minutes shutter speeds.

I asked about the interalometer because most folks use one for long exposures that require bulb mode. Maybe you're simply using a simple remote trigger.

Leica SL can go to 30min

Exactly, Leica SL in manual mode meters up to 30 minutes and you can use it without any intervalometer or external device. It's one of some features of SL that are very useful for landscape photography. I use the 2 seconds delay to get an absolutely vibration-free picture.

Another great photo! I really enjoy looking at your work.

Thank you very much indeed, glad you are enjoying my work! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back