Point and shoot alternative to GoPro for night video?

Dune_heli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm doing a project where I will be shooting video at night from an RC multirotor helicopter. Eventually I am going to buy a Nex-5n, but long story short, I need something smaller and lighter to do some video prototyping.

Since the GoPro's performance at night is poor, can anyone suggest an alternative? What are some solid point and shoots that might give me usable night footage?

It would need to conform to the following characteristics:
-small and light
-at least 720p
-manual exposure control preferably, some control would be nice
-GoPro price-range. Not more than $500.
-nothing weird like forced digital stabilization that would make it ill-suited to aerial video

I have an "hd wing camera" from hobby king and a keychain camera. While these are "720", I'm looking for better quality video. I'm thinking there is a point and shoot out there for me. I'm not expecting DSLR-like exposure at night, just something. Some detail under streetlights, etc.

Video out for daytime first-person-video would be a nice bonus, but not necessary for this particular task.

Thanks for your help!
Josh

Hmm...maybe check out the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS. I was going to get it before deciding on a dslr. Its very small and lightweight and shoots HD video. Not sure how it is at night, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back