point and shoot opinion

NeverEnough86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
So my point and shoot decided to stop functioning.
Now I am in the market for a new one and have no idea where to begin.
I have been looking at the samsung digimax nv15. I dont want to spend alot
as its just a point and shoot my main camera is the canon 40d and I just want something decent to keep in my car/backpack for the rare occasions that might arise. Is this a decent camera? any suggestions on others?

Thanks,
B

might have posted this in the wrong place if i did
can the moderator please delete

Yeah, asking purchasing advice in the foundations of photography advanced section was off... thanks for noticing, even if it was a little late. :)

Step 1. Find out what you want out of a camera
Step 2. Find a camera that matches your needs
Step 3. Start shopping for the best price, avoiding scams,
Step 4. Purchase and enjoy.

Look for a model that has a particular feature you need or the ergonomics that work for you. As far as I can tell image quality is basically the same whether you spend $100 or $500. I like Canon Powershots because they can be hacked with CHDK so they can shoot raw. I bought a $300+ Canon G7, and bought my wife a $125 A-whatever Powershot. The G7 looks cooler and the controls layout is nicer, but the image quality is the same.

Not being an expert on different models I can only tell you what I wouldn't buy based on experience. I would never buy another Samsung, purely because I think a lot of their kit is just thrown together on the cheap and isn't really thought out.

If you like it, it's a decent camera.

Most reactions

Back