Point and shoot that takes CF cards

eterrisinCYQX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've decided on a Rebel XTi kit from Newfoundland Camera and Imaging. Good deal and a nice camera. Here's the deal-it takes CF cards, instead of SD cards which I generally use for my camcorder and current point and shoot. My PAS is on its last legs, so my question is-does anyone make a nice point and shoot, for under $350, that takes CF cards? A manual mode would be a plus. Having it fit in my pocket would be nice too, but most point and shoots seem to do that anyway. I really like the Powershot series but I'm not sure if there is a Powershot that takes CF cards.

Thanks in advance!

I'm kind of confused as to what you're asking.

Are you getting the XTi and a new P/S?

Why not consider a nikon d40 or d80 that takes SD cards?

I don't know of any P&S that take CF cards, other then ones a few years old.

I'm kind of confused as to what you're asking.

Are you getting the XTi and a new P/S?

Yeah, that's the plan. I do a lot of snowmobiling, dirtbiking, etc. and carrying a Rebel around for that is probably not a great idea. And I had originally budgeted for a 40D, but I decided on an XTi kit, so I'll have a bit of cash left over, so I thought, why not replace my old Kodak?

Looks like I might just have to deal with the SD and CF cards; I'd really rather stay away from Nikon.

450D? Never heard of it. On the off chance you meant the 40D, nope. CF cards only.

I've also looked for a decent P&S that takes CF cards...and I haven't been able to find any made in the last 2 or 3 years.

The best option may be a Canon G6 (I think). The G series are very good P&S cameras but they switched away from CF cards a few years ago.

Yes, the new Rebel XSi (450D) uses SD cards.

Most reactions

Back