poison death??

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Phidippus audax jumping spider.. i got with my point and shoot..

I guess its not dangerous, i was able to figure out what it was.. I though with those markings and bright colors it would be poisonous

20160529-IMG_0141-5.jpg
20160529-IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
I like the first one.

Bright colors do not necessarily mean dangerous. A common, relatively harmless king snake has colors that mimic a poisonous coral snake.

Nice set. I thought you didn't like spiders?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

These are one of THE most dangerous spiders out there! The whole order of jumping spiders are basically one of the very few insect/bugs that will actually pose facing the camera*. As such once you discover them its very hard, as a photographer, to avoid getting entrapped and soon wanting to photograph them all the time.

they are a very curious insect and their very clear "look" at the camera seems to give them a huge amount of personality often absent from many other wildlife shots and species - especially in the bug and macro world where things are a little more cold and clinical half the time.

*some believe that they see their own reflection in the lens

And as said many species use colourful markings to denote being venomous or poisonous - likewise others mimic those colours to appear more deadly than they actually are

Most reactions

New Topics

Back