Poison Ivey

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone ever had a client claim they got poison ivey from their portrait session with you?

How did you handle that? :)

Don't let them pose in poison ivy.

Where a rain coat (Condom) next time. :laughing:

I didnt see any, and ive never had a client get poison ivey before. :)

I would go back to the location and be darn sure there was no poison ivy or poison sumac which is more of a vine.
Also consider that poison ivy and sumac produce an oil that causes the itching and that oil can get on something and later contact with the item can cause a problem. Can also be carried by smoke from a fire.....

Last edited:
I would go back to the location and be darn sure there was no poison ivy

Ok. Say OP goes back and there *is* poison sumac/poison ivy/poison oak. Then what? Unless the client has a severe allergic reaction it's not like there will be any legal issues.

OP should just give a small token, like a free 5x7. It doesn't matter where the client got the rash from, the issue is that the client believes that he or she got it from the shoot. Just throw in some kind of low-overhead gesture with an apology, and just to be on the super safe side avoid that location in the future.

Easy peesy. No need to accuse a paying customer of lying - unless the customer is refusing to pay.

Knowing if there is/was poison ivy/oak/sumac at the location provides you with information that may be needed to go forward. If you've ever had a severe case of poison sumac you'd know, as I know, that it can be debilitating for days and very, very uncomfortable. (Moral: don't hide in a patch of poison sumac during SOG Training)
Contrary to some opinions you always have to remember that anybody can sue you for anything at any time. Doesn't mean they will win but if you don't have information they have a stronger case.

One more reason to avoid outdoor boudoir sessions.

That's fine that you feel that way. But it's still pretty clear that you have no idea how civil law actually works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back