Polarizing filter help please?

Riggaberto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a big difference in quality/performance between cheaper and more expensive polarizing filters? Can someone reccomend a reasonably priced one?

If I get a 58mm filter and put it in an adapting ring for 67mm, will it have any effect on light readings, or anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Is there a big difference in quality/performance between cheaper and more expensive polarizing filters? Can someone recommend a reasonably priced one?
B&W is an expensive brand. Hoya & Tiffen are pretty good brands as well. Price will vary quite a bit. I usually pick something that's not the top of the line but not the cheapest either. Sorry, that's not really helpful.
If I get a 58mm filter and put it in an adapting ring for 67mm,
That might cause vignetting (darkening of the corners/outside of the image because the filter is smaller than the front of the lens. You would be better off to get a 67mm filter and get an adaptor to fit smaller lenses.
will it have any effect on light readings, or anything else?
If you are using this on a modern camera then the camera's meter will automatically account for the filter since it measures the light coming into the lens. If you are using a hand held light meter, then you need to account for the filter yourself.

It's probably OK....but probably far from great. If image quality is something that you take to heart...then it's best to get quality filters.

Most reactions

Back