Polarizing filters and "AWB"

C

Cuervo79

I took a series of photos, 2 sundays ago using my Rebel XT and my polarizing (sp?) filter, and they didn't look out of the ordinary, and later I read in one thread that the Automatic White balance of most cameras adjusts so that the polarizing filter becomes "useless" or I guess the effects are less visible.

Is this true, and if so how can I make my camera "behave" when I put a filter on it?

Cuervo79 said:
I read in one thread that the Automatic White balance of most cameras adjusts so that the polarizing filter becomes "useless" or I guess the effects are less visible.
that's not true. White balance has nothing to do with polarization.

But AWB sucks. Use custom white balance or pre-set white balance.

lol, yes I know how the filter works, I just wanted to know that, since it got me wondering when I read the thread because my whole experience has been with film, until recently since I bought the rebel xt (about a week ago)...
The only polariztion filter I can´t seem able to use is a kokin filter that changes from magenta to blue, I´ve only shot 2 or 3 pictures in wich it worked (a blue car). every time I use it it allways turns out magenta in my contact sheets... just wondering about it...

Most reactions

Back