polaroid 600 film manipulation techniques?

Ok here's the deal. The only thing you're gonna get out of manipulating 600 film is
1. a stretchy piece of "emulsion" that's grey and worthless
2. A bunch of smelly chemicals on your hands

and finally
3. Something of use, a small transparency which is the front piece if you cut a part a picture taken on 600 film but you have to run it under warm/hot water for about 25-30 minutes lightly rubbing the white filmy junk off the back to reveal a nice scan-able transparency. And you can even do further manipulations from there, like cutting and burning this transparency.

DO IT!!!!

but seriously get some film that ends in 9 (669,79) and you'll be much happier because 600 is a pain with only a few outcomes.

Ok here's the deal. The only thing you're gonna get out of manipulating 600 film is
1. a stretchy piece of "emulsion" that's grey and worthless
2. A bunch of smelly chemicals on your hands

and finally
3. Something of use, a small transparency which is the front piece if you cut a part a picture taken on 600 film but you have to run it under warm/hot water for about 25-30 minutes lightly rubbing the white filmy junk off the back to reveal a nice scan-able transparency. And you can even do further manipulations from there, like cutting and burning this transparency.

DO IT!!!!

but seriously get some film that ends in 9 (669,79) and you'll be much happier because 600 is a pain with only a few outcomes.
This is a very old thread and, actually, I believe the discussion was aimed at trying to mimic the manipulations that were possible with the now-discontinued Time Zero film, which doesn't work with 600 series films at all.

I manipulate 600 film all the time. You have no idea what you're talking about.

If you can't figure out how to manipulate 600 film like SX-70, then you truly have no imagination. It's really not difficult.

Use your heads and have some fun!

Manipulating 600 film turns out with enormous black lines all over it.

Terrible idea.

I saw a thread on here some time ago about multiple exposures, I wish I could remember what it was, but I was planning at some point on trying to make that work, I think i konw how to solve the issue they where having.

Any one remember that thread, or even what section it was in?

I saw a thread on here some time ago about multiple exposures, I wish I could remember what it was, but I was planning at some point on trying to make that work, I think i konw how to solve the issue they where having.

Any one remember that thread, or even what section it was in?

I remember that one.

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95815&highlight=polaroid+double+exposures

I've been meaning to try it again, just haven't played with the Polaroids in a while.

hi fellow film friends. i also have a 600 instant polaroid camera. i understand the techniques to manipulating sx-70 film but im looking to put the time-zero film in the 600 camera. hobbes had a link explaining how to put time zero film in it but the link didnt work for me. . . how do you do it so i can explore the techniques? cheers people.

hi fellow film friends. i also have a 600 instant polaroid camera. i understand the techniques to manipulating sx-70 film but im looking to put the time-zero film in the 600 camera. hobbes had a link explaining how to put time zero film in it but the link didnt work for me. . . how do you do it so i can explore the techniques? cheers people.
It may have been a Polaroid link, which probably got killed off since they no longer make either the film or the cameras. That post is now over 3 years old. Try a Google search - I found this page, but the accompanying images aren't showing for me. There will be more out there, you just have to search. I imagine more of these articles will dry up as hoarded supplies run out.

I dub this "The Thread That Refused to Die"....

It may have been a Polaroid link, which probably got killed off since they no longer make either the film or the cameras. That post is now over 3 years old. Try a Google search - I found this page, but the accompanying images aren't showing for me. There will be more out there, you just have to search. I imagine more of these articles will dry up as hoarded supplies run out.

I dub this "The Thread That Refused to Die"....

[Yeah, 7 years old now]

This thread is what brought me here, I've had a Polaroid Camera all my life, but haven't used it in years. I'd like to try some manipulations with the 600 film; but i find conflicting sides as to whether you can make it look good or not. And what is the basic technique for the manipulations?

Go for it! :) Post your results here. The article itself was originally posted in 2007 and there was still some actual Polaroid film to be had. These days, you'll either be working with very outdated P-film if you can find any, or you could try Fuji instant or the products from the Impossible Project folks. For me, it's too labor intensive, given my past experiences with actual Polaroid film. Those emulsion formulas made it easy. I miss them terribly! But that doesn't mean you can't get some interesting results with existing film. Have fun with it!

Most reactions

Back