Polaroid Land 360 / polaroid negs.

Beach_art_photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First, if this isn't the right spot, my apologies.

I have a Polaroid Land 360 that was my father's. I have been noticing photographers doing some interesting stuff with the pack film. I have been looking for a HOWTO on preserving/keeping the negs from this film, but no luck so far. I've found references to chems and some tips, as well as lifts and transfers, but no begining to end on how to deal with the negs. Any sggestions where to look?

Thanks,
Kirk

It doesn't have negs, as such, does it? The black part of the film is pretty much black and it all goes onto the white plastic? It's been over a year since I used my land camera properly.

I thought so too, but there's alot of references to it. I know you end up with ~4x5 neg. The negs's stuck to the black back. There's a couple of chems you can use, and polaroid used to sell a portable tank, but that's about all I know.

I have used type 55 (4x5" in a view camera) and it makes a great, fine grained negative, the positives were just ok. I believe Polariod film type 105 or 665 (pos & neg) come in smaller formats, in packs of 8.
...Terry

PS. Ansel Adams', 'Polaroid Land Photography' has a good description on how to clear and harden the negatives from types 55/105/665.
...Terry

According to the Land List (link below), the 105 was renamed to 665 in 1977. This is the film I plan to use the most. There is also 669 for color in this film format. Everything I have read the neg. clearing works the same as the 55. If you don't mind my asking, what is your workflow for taking, clearing, fixing, etc. your film?

Land List: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

Yeah, I just caugt a reference to it at the first link I posted. I need to get that book.

It's been quite a while since I did it. I pretty well followed Ansel's methods. The exposure is slightly different for the negative as it is for the positive. The neg's film speed is about 1/2 that of the positive. A slightly over-exposed positive usually produces a well-exposed neg. Be sure to fully develop the film before separating (the negative will still be light sensitive if separated too soon). Clear the negatives in a sodium sulfite solution, acid hardener, wash and dry.
...Terry
ps. the negative should be placed in sodium sulfite within 3 minutes after separation.

Can you still get 665? I thought that it had been discontinued a couple of years ago. You can still get 55, of course.

Best,
Helen

Ok, Polaroid is phased out 665 now. They are still making 664, for a few more months, and 672. Fuji also makes some pack film in this size.

Helen, unfortunately, the Land 360 only takes the 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 pack film, as far as I know. I haven't seen any mods to make it able to use the 4x5. Obviously I'm going to have ot get moving before thare isn;t any film left. :-(

Most reactions

Back