Polaroid Manipulations

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Here is my new venture in photography. These are taken using a polaroid SX-70 Camera with Time-Zero film.

Dewsm.jpg

Tee1sm.jpg

Treessm.jpg

Latoya1sm.jpg

If you need to see them bigger, just go to http://home.earthlink.net/~polaman

dude..give every mofo here an explanation of how you did it

those are awesome!!

md

Very, very cool. And I'm with Matt, details please.

You did great! :D You're really good about that background detail work. I tend to get impatient and let it lay. :wink:

I am really impressed with the one of the cat - you wisely laid off most of the face. It doesn't take much to over-manipulate animals and you end up with some freaky-looking critters. :LOL:

Great job!! I hope to see some more!

Polaroid rockz!

Addicting little hobby, isn't it? :wink: You're doing great!

What kind of manipulation tools are you using?

Any trouble finding the Time Zero film? I've been getting all of mine from B&H. There's never any at the camera stores, even the pro ones that carry other Polaroid films. :?

These are all really great. I love the one of your guitar.

Thanks again. I'm glad that it's working out like it is. The learning curve for this stuff is pretty steep.

The only tools I use are,
tools.jpg

and

sx70.jpg

Thanks again for the wonderful comments everyone.

Alright... This is the last one I'm posting for a while. It's also my favorite so far. It's very addicting to do these. This is what I have to do to keep me sane when I can't be on the forum. :)

I love that last one! Very cool. :D

I started out using just a golf tee (large one). It was effective, but my hand got cramped from gripping the thing after awhile. I found some burnishing tools and wooden tools for sculpting, and they all have handles, which makes me happy.

I have 2 SX-70 cams....one with the plastic body and one with a snazzy chrome body. I love the sound of the image popping out. And I love the genius of Edwin Land. :cheer: It cracks me up to know how he hated Time Zero manipulations and image transfers and everything else artists started doing to his emulsion formulas..... poor guy. :goodvibe:

OOOhhh!!! I saw this in a book! I have always wanted to try it!!! Ok...I might just have to pick up some film tonight and dust off the poloroid camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back