Pollen Covered Wasp PP?

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one of those shots that I just can't seem to stop editing. I am having a hard time with the pollen on his thorax. I hover between too dark and flat. This is the "best" edit I think, but it looks like it is too dark just in that area.
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance :)

It's a very warm photo, and definitely catches the eye.

Mind if I take a swing at editing it?

Sure Hackett give it a go :)

It looks excessively contrasty to me...just too dark in the shadows and too bright on the yellow flower. The yellows look blown (over-saturated) to me. Was this shot is RAW so that there's enough information in the original file to massage this tricky exposure, to maximize what you want to emphasize, and downplay the rest?

Derrel said:
It looks excessively contrasty to me...just too dark in the shadows and too bright on the yellow flower. The yellows look blown (over-saturated) to me. Was this shot is RAW so that there's enough information in the original file to massage this tricky exposure, to maximize what you want to emphasize, and downplay the rest?

Hey Derrel, yes shot in RAW. I have to admit I didn't play with saturation much if at all to fix it. Perhaps I'll play with that later tonight (I can't stare at it again quite yet lol)

7129227597_72e077b710_b.jpg

This is where I'm at with it. Tone curve adjustments, also cooled it down in the yellows and oranges. a touch of recovery, and a little fill light.
(Using Adobe Lightroom 3.6)

Granted, you should have more luck as I saved it from the web (JPEG)

Derrel, I just saw your reply above, and I think we both saw the same thing in this pic! LOL

Last edited:
Wow, good call guys! Much better.
I knew the shot was in there but couldn't figure it out for the life of me. The learning curve stopped me dead on this one.

Was the picture you posted above the original (as a jpeg) or after editting?

If it was after editing, I have to imagine, with the new knowledge, your final edit, from the original, should be a great shot!

Def after editing lol this is SOOC cropped:

Last edited:
Only DPP :blushing:
Long story, computer issues and lack of funds. But I just downloaded Gimp and it appears that this machine might run it, slowly. Haven't used it yet though.

Most reactions

Back