Poor After Sale Service, B+H Photo

Al_Kahollick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
I have been happy with B&H for several years. Make another call and ask for the CS supervisor.

Awesome screen name. Lol. Henry Posner from B&H will be along to help you.

EVERY company will fail at customer service at some point. Every last one of them. I know it seems particularly egregious because it happened to YOU, but it's still only ONE fail--the question is, how often do they fail to get it right, versus how often do they provide good or even stellar service?

I've had nothing but good experiences with B&H. I've had two horrible experiences with Amazon that I can recall--but I still buy from them, because overall, I've had a whole LOT more good or even great experiences than bad ones.

If it's that big of a deal to you, take it a step further. Ask for a supervisor, or as Tee mentioned, there's a B&H rep around here somewhere, it sounds like. Maybe PM this Henry Posner guy.

Call and ask to speak to heads their CS and speak to them .....make a short list of what you want to say so you are clear and to the point ...bet they help you. I have bought from them before internet was created and they have always come through for me.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:
I've had no issues with B&H with the gear I've purchased from them.

I've probably spent tens of thousands there over the years, and I don't think I've even had to contact customer service once...

The only complaint I have with them is that they won't ship ORM-D items.

Send a private message to http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/members/13432.html
He is the representative for B&H online and is there to help when their regular customer service fails in some way. His last active time on the forums was a while back, but I suspect he should answer a private message fairly swiftly (remember private messages, by default, send an email to notify the person so he should get notification to check in to read and respond)

You should have contacted Pentax first . It's their mistake to fix.

I have spent some serious bucks at B&H, and never had a problem! Sounds to me like you should have contacted Pentax (as mentioned) as it was their mistake, not B&H's!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
This seems a pretty minor beef if you ask me, and it sounds like all you did was deal with the very first level of support.

Sure, it sounds like they didn't handle it perfectly, but I don't see anything egregious here so much as a situation where clearly you needed to step it up a bit and ask for a supervisor or something.

People really don't understand the basics of how to get support, which is interesting. I suppose it makes sense where the frequency of having to get support doesn't happen that often, but the simply basic rules are:

1. Follow through.
2. Be polite at all times, but be firm.
3. Be reasonable and fair.
4. Escalate when you don't get what you need within a reasonable period of time.

Follow that and you'll be fine.

BTW, I don't really think it's a great idea to post on the worlds largest photography forum bashing one of the top providers of camera gear either. Not that it would ever get back to you, but yeesh...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back