Poor Lighting Photography Tips

I like it. With limited resources, knowing how to overcome the situation is important.

This is a nice, basic article on low lighting. There are many ways to deal with it but I like your advice to use a tripod! Especially for those just beginning in photography.

Darci
Casie Zalud Photography, <a href="http://www.casiezalud.com">Boulder Photography</a>

You're right using tripod is very helpful. Thanks ;)

What tripods would you guys recommend? My friend got a cheap targus tripod from walmart and it's more shaky than my hands it seems lol (when you release the shutter it shakes) It wouldn't be bad with a remote, but it still doesn't seem very sturdy.

I bought a sunpro 6600 dx tripod at best buy for $50 its a good sturdy tripod good for a slr camera

Photographing in little light can be challenging. I just finished putting together an article with 5 simple tips to help when photographing in bad lighting conditions.

Low Light Photography Tips

extremely effective points and tips. you owe me :)
Thanks for the information. I am actually connected with a modeling agency and come to this forum because i have heard that there are many things which i can find on internet related to my field. your article have proved it.

For this type of photography you need to set your camera at a higher ISO. When the ISO is set to high you get more noise to your pictures. Some digital cameras cut out noise better than others. Sometimes I like noise in my pictures. It can give a nice mood to the photograph.It also requires a slow shutter speed. When the shutter is open for a long time it allows more light to get onto the camera's sensor. When your shutter is open you a long time you need to make sure you use a tripod and a cable release so that your camera is as still as possible when you take the picture. If the camera moves around it will make your picture blurry.

What tripods would you guys recommend? My friend got a cheap targus tripod from walmart and it's more shaky than my hands it seems lol (when you release the shutter it shakes) It wouldn't be bad with a remote, but it still doesn't seem very sturdy.
Gitzo GT1542T. You can carry this tripod around with you the whole day without getting tired. It's only 1.* lbs and can sustain heavy equipment. I love taking this tripod where every I go.

Most reactions

Back