Porcelain...

FuryofNature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.furyofnaturephotography.com
Or too much photoshop? I can't tell, I've looked at it too much I guess. What do you guys think?

Nikolas-1.jpg

Bookstore2-1.jpg

This one will eventually be in a book on The Making of the movie.

Thanks for looking!
_KA

Your first pic seems too dark to me, especially with your subject smiling; had he been in a more serious mood, it might have fit the dark image better in my opinion.
Your second pic is nice and all I would do is maybe crop off the top a bit; the ceiling lights are boring... again, my opinion... :)
Hope this helps some...
Thanks for sharing.

Your first pic seems too dark to me, especially with your subject smiling; had he been in a more serious mood, it might have fit the dark image better in my opinion.
Your second pic is nice and all I would do is maybe crop off the top a bit; the ceiling lights are boring... again, my opinion... :)
Hope this helps some...
Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure still about the first one, I think I made it so dark becasue he's playing a hitman....So he's kinda dark, even with a smile. I don't know if that changes anything.

I apologize in advance, I'm going to proffer a strictly honest opinion and hope that it's valuable to you.

Frankly, I don't like any of the images much at all. Of the ones you posted, I suppose the blue-tinted one is the best, but even this one suffers from being over-exposed (the hair of the man on the right bleeds into an overhead light), and the overall 'soft glow', blurred look of the picture feels trite and uninteresting. I would enjoy it a lot more if were sharper (otherwise, I like the composition).

I'm not sure where to start on the others. Honestly, I'm not sure what you're going for, so it's difficult to make a poignant criticism. The initial portrait you posted (while I like the subject) isn't very good. It looks as though you used one, very harsh light-source, blowing out half of his face with white, and blackening the rest. The 'soft glow' feels cheesy, and looks awfu, especially when I notice that the collar is still sharp.

The last picture you posted is a joke. The hair looks awful. That said, though, I think the grainy/'soft glow' feel succeeds much more in this picture. It almost feels a little bit like how a scan of a very old, blurred photograph might appear today.

I hope that was helpful.

Always remember that no amount of photoshopping can save a bad photograph. Having not seen your original pictures, realize that I'm not saying your originals were poor, but this is what your photoshopping suggests to me, and I think that it's an overall important consideration to maintain.

Most reactions

Back