Port Perry Osprey....still there!

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today I went to go visit the osprey that Airic told me about last year. There are at least 2 that I've seen there from last year so I wasn't sure if they would be there still. The weather was crappy so getting proper exposure and lighting was challenging. Most of my shots ended up with washed out skies due to it being overcast. One particular osprey kept going back and forth a few times bringing branches for the nest as if it was doing some renovations.

So I ended up doing some post in photoshop to make the skies more lively.

This picture shows how most of my pics came out with the washed out skies.
ospy-b.jpg

After Post
ospy.jpg

ospy2.jpg

ospy3.jpg

ospy4.jpg

ospy5.jpg

ospy6.jpg

ospy7.jpg

Anyway I'm glad to see that they are still there and I can always go back on a nice sunny day :)

Nice work Joat. I have been by there a few times recently looking for them but they must have just arrived a few days ago. I will not get a chance to see them now until early May.

Eric

Wow, nice post-work on those! 3, 4 and 8 are my faves - not that there's a thing wrong with the others.

great stuff, reminds me I must get up to Rutland Water soon to see the Ospreys there

very nice.
i just came back from Florida where I found two osprey nests.

Cool! This is the only one I know of where I live, thanks to Airic

Nice work Joat. I have been by there a few times recently looking for them but they must have just arrived a few days ago. I will not get a chance to see them now until early May.

Eric

I guess I was lucky bro...I was really hoping that they would be and I'm glad I made the trip. If you are going to go some time in may give me a shout maybe we can go together.

Wow, nice post-work on those! 3, 4 and 8 are my faves - not that there's a thing wrong with the others.

Thanx Ant, I'm planning on doing some better post on them actually, they were done rather quickly.

nice shots Joat, tough shooting conditions with the white skys. there were only 2 last year, until the 2 youngins came along.

Yeah, it would have been nicer with sunny skies but there is always next time.

great stuff, reminds me I must get up to Rutland Water soon to see the Ospreys there

great stuff..i'm near port..are these ones in town....on #7 toward the island or near the park?

Thanks LP and Emo. This is in the Scugog area off Reach St. just east of Hwy 12.

great stuff..i'm near port..are these ones in town....on #7 toward the island or near the park?

Hi Emogirl

these birds are at a baseball diamond, center field., I think there is a school there, and you drive behind the school, on the right, and they are at the back, close to the sewage lagoons., very close to #12 hwy.

click here to see the area, the bb diamonds are in the center of this map., and bring a lawnchair!

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=44.110761,-78.971529&spn=0.035497,0.069351&om=1

Those pics are total US presidential emblem like lol, cept youre in Canada.

First time I see pictures of a bird with a branch, very cool, thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back