Portable LED Lighting

hombredelmar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!

Just came from the photo plus expo 2014 that took place in New York. One of the products that I really liked was LED lightcube that, in my opinion, is unique and might have a big future. Please take a look at the specks and tell me what you think.

Portable LED lighting

5,000 lumens of light output / running time 45minutes

Continuous High speed flashing at full power

Battery internally fitted

High Capacity – over 800 flashes @ 1/60th of a second duration from a single battery charge at full power

Over 150 Watts / 5,000 Lumens of light output

Ultimate portable lighting kit – Sold as individual or set of 4 lights

Stackable. Build versatile light banks

Stable color temperature. Consistent color temp as power levels are adjusted

Use as a video light. - (Duration to be determined. Estimated 45min from battery charge)

Master control. Set the lighting condition of a single unit in array mode and all others will match the settings.

Modeling light feature.

Trigger remotely via sync cable, wireless trigger or as light sensitive slave

Adjustable flash speed. Adjust the flash speed of the unit to shoot at faster or slower durations. 8000MS – 1 Sec

Noiseless operation - no internal fan, no added noise on film production

Here is the link to the site: The world’s first high-end, portable and interlocking LED flash and light source for creative liberation of digital filmmaking and photography. – The LED Light Cube

Thanks

6 months and the price will be 1/6th that. Even youngnuo is getting into the race.

A LED is a continuous light. Which being on might help videos a little, but continuous is nothing like a flash.

LEDs and flash have comparable high efficiency. But continuous light is only useful to a photograph when the shutter is actually open.

So, 150 watts on for the duration of 1/100 second shutter being open, is 150w x 1/100 second = 1.5 watt seconds of energy.
But speedlights are about 60 to 75 watt seconds energy (and faster than the shutter speed).

If expecting 150 watts of power to be like a flash, it will surely be a very expensive disappointment (and a very expensive 150 watts too).

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back