Portable Storage (Data, not Film)

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm after a portable hard drive with a battery and a card reader which will copy the contents of my CF card without needing to be plugged into a PC, has anything like this been invented? I know Western Digital do a few card reader/HDD devices but they don't have the ability to back up away from a PC. Any pointers much appreciated as I really can't afford to get a laptop for portable storage!

I got a portable storage device from Sitecom. Its 30gig and you can stick memory cards in it. Also got a USB, so you can connect it to your pc and take off or put on data.
Its got a battery in itm which lasts about 1.5 hours. Which is enough, since the thing isnt on aal the time.
It cost me 140 euro

http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com/usb2-0-digi-mate-hard-drive-enclosure.html

$35.99 I have ordered one but haven't received it yet. You will need a 2.5 (laptop) harddrive as well. You can get one from ebay if you are looking to save some cash. I love this idea because I currently have a 2.5 usb harddrive enclosure to backup files etc.. This will remove the need to upload the photos to the computer and then to the hardrive, or dragging them using a pc from the camera to the portable harddrive.

hyp0rbyte said:
http://www.cdrdvdrmedia.com/usb2-0-digi-mate-hard-drive-enclosure.html

$35.99 I have ordered one but haven't received it yet. You will need a 2.5 (laptop) harddrive as well. You can get one from ebay if you are looking to save some cash. I love this idea because I currently have a 2.5 usb harddrive enclosure to backup files etc.. This will remove the need to upload the photos to the computer and then to the hardrive, or dragging them using a pc from the camera to the portable harddrive.

That looks nice! Let us know how it is once you get your HD in.

Excellent, thanks for all the links guys, looks like I know where my pay cheque is going this month!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back