Portfolio binders

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Not making a photo portfolio, but a design portfolio which will be similar. I am looking for sources where I can get good nice binder and covers because I will make the pages myself and put them in. So where should I start to look?

Try one of the office supply stores - office max, office depot or staples... i've had luck finding stuff in their "art" department....

Good Luck!

Bob

Well I have looked at what the net offers. Currently I have my own way of page layout, so I am looking at a binder that will go with the same theme... which is hard.

What I find for most portfolio binders are they are mostly just folders... a bit too "cheap" for what I am looking for. Well the price aint cheap at all.

Then there are those "leather" ones that works more like a carrying case. However they are all black. My theme is white.

So I am stuck in between. I need something that is white yet simple, but elegant looking.

the closest I found is a simple folder that is made of frosted acrylic covers. Still, it looks too stiff and I can easily make something like that myself rather to spend $40 on it.

have you tried scrapbooking supplies? depending on the sizes you can get almost any kind of binders and pages in almost any colours.

Scrapbooking supplies? Is there any specific source?

Right now I am kinda stuck. On one hand I want something simple, maybe made of soft pastic. On the other hand, I want something sophiscated looking. Some people suggest me to make my own cover. I can only thinking of making a fabric cover for now, but that means it will get dirty really easily.

Also, for the pages, my instructor doesn't like the idea od plastic sleeves because the reflection can be irritating. However if they are just bare paper, dirt and finger prints will show quickly. So any suggestion? It needs to be easily replacable for updates and so on too. So far most of the portfolio systems I have seen use plastic sleeves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back