Portfolio for Schools

tundrakatiebean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm curious as to general 'how to' for making a portfolio as part of an art school application. The school I'm looking at asks for a mix of color, black and white, and digital prints, at least 25 pictures and varietion of subject matter. Not only am I wondering how to go about physically putting the photos together but I'm also curious if this photos should be somehow connected to each other (have a theme) or if I should show the flexibility of my photography skills.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Well you answered your own question in a way.

Go out and take several hundred pictures, then choose your 25 best ones of vastly differing subjects, ways of taking pics all different in size, composition, colour or B&W, portrait, landscape, etc...

Put them in a small photo album or on a DVD that offers the choice of a slideshow with music AND the choice of seeing just individual pictures without music and use that.

Use your imagination, and make it all you!

Thank you for all your help! One more question: If someone asks for a completely physical portfolio what is the best way to do that? A binder or an archival folder?

Photoalbum. You want to represent the pictures as objects that you feel represent your best.

I was at costco yesterday and picked up a package of 3 albums that hold 200 4X6 picks each for $19. Place the 25 pics in there (1 pic per page?), with a quck explanation of the goal of each pic and how you accomplished it.

Most reactions

Back