Portfolio/thoughts

CMPro is a VERY hard title to achieve. The talent on CM's is unreal. Congratulations Paige I am so happy for you.

CMPro is a VERY hard title to achieve. The talent on CM's is unreal. Congratulations Paige I am so happy for you.
Thank you Kathy :hugs:!! I still am in shock that I got in!! And If I can say it without sounding full of myself...I'm damn proud of how far I have come in 2.5 yrs :lovey: :D

Eh...maybe.
If the images they have posted on their main page (about 50 ish pictures) is a general indication of the photography level of the members....

I'm going to say that Paigew is better than >70% (give or take) of the photographers on that site.

Either way, congratulations Paige!

Last edited:
I don't see why you would even put this. It is required for me to have 150. No more, no less. I would have much preferred a smaller number :) I think the point is to show that you know what you are doing. Not that you just have 15-20 good photos.

Don't waste your time and money

Really?
I would say the same thing about your film photography, and yet, I bet you will continue to do it.
This is a goal she has set for herself. I see no reason not to support her in this endeavor.
The group has set the terms, not paigew, so complaining about the number of pics needed is silly.
I say she should go for it, and keep tweaking her portfolio until she gets in. (if not on the first try)
Sometimes I really don't understand the lack of support for fellow members here.

Ignore him.. He just likes to stir the sh*t.

Eh...maybe.
If the images they have posted on their main page (about 50 ish pictures) is a general indication of the photography level of the members....

I'm going to say that Paigew is better than >70% (give or take) of the photographers on that site.

You have no idea Pixmedic. End of story. Clickin' Moms has ventured out to not only a magazine, but now have revenues into the millions. Their members are featured all over the place. Some of the top female grossing photographers derived from CM. You would be shocked to know all the facts. Do a little research before you start dishing out the trash.

Eh...maybe.

You have no idea Pixmedic. End of story. Clickin' Moms has ventured out to not only a magazine, but now have revenues into the millions. Their members are featured all over the place. Some of the top female grossing photographers derived from CM. You would be shocked to know all the facts. Do a little research before you start dishing out the trash.

no idea huh?
I did do a little research. I looked at their webpage.
I did qualify my statement with "if the images posted on their main page..."
and I stand by that statement. did you look through them? good? yea. sure. outstanding? eh...not so much.
is it my fault they filled their front page with mediocre pictures of flowers, lensbaby shots, and kids in swings with motion blurred feet?
maybe they should have showcased their top grossing pictures there instead of backyard flower pics.

and speaking of their webpage...i also noticed that EVERY LINK takes you to a page where they want to sell you something.
$100+ an hour to have a photographer critique your photos. $100. an hour.
so yea. they make millions selling LR actions, ebooks, seminars, and really expensive critique.
I never said they were not a successful company.
but before you go touting their work as "unreal" maybe you should actually go take a look at what they are showcasing to the general public.
because honestly, nothing I was able to find on their page struck me as unbelievably wonderful.

and really....please explain to me how i was dishing out the "trash"?
because I thought that Paige's work was as good or better than what I saw on their webpage?
what are you trying to say about Paigew's work? because I was trying to say it was very good.

McDonalds has revenue in the billions, but they arent exactly turning out filet mignon.

Last edited:
Congratulations Paige; it's always good to realize a goal. I have to admit that this isn't a 'site I visit often, but I will say that the images I saw when I went through the page a few minutes ago were a LOT better than those that I've seen on previous visits. There were indeed some stand-out images; a lot of mediocre work, but there was definitely some talent there as well. All of that aside though, and being completely serious, the name really needs to be addressed; "Clickin' Moms" sounds more like a group of mothers who get together for morning coffee and to take pictures in the local park with their cell-phone cameras and P&S; NOT any sort of professional organization. I have to agree with Jason though, the focus of the 'site really seems to be to sell, sell, sell.

Pixmedic, thanks for your compliments. I don't think I can accept that I am better than 70% of the cmpro members but really, thank you for the compliment :hugs:

Yes if you go to the site it is about sales/selling things. But the main part is the (paid/private) forum. There are hundreds of free tutorials, plus very active pro members. You can have c&c done free any time, by really awesome professionals. Members there are so willing and happy to give/share their knowledge. There is an entire Pay it forward section with nothing but people giving away things,classes,mentoring etc.

The paid portfolio review is for serious professionals/hobbyists who want advice/mentoring via a photographer they look up to and respect. They also offer really affordable online classes in a forum based environment. Which I can vouch for, are awesome. Point is, there are so many talented women there, and I am honored they think I am good enough to join them :D

Thanks for the congratulations :cheers:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back