Portfolio worthy? C&C please! :)

Yelie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to posting here but am a seasoned lurker :D I've been taking some pics for family and friends and have now been approached to take some pics for $. I have been wanting to make this into a business and plan on making a portfolio soon. Here are a bunch of the pics I am considering....please let me know what you think! Thanks so much!

railroadpark049.jpg

Sarahsfamilypics099.jpg

333nlr.jpg

BabyBear105.jpg

railroadpark057A.jpg

Phillips037.jpg
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af186/Opp_Photography/Phillips037.jpg

Last edited:
I think your on the right track but you need to watch your exposures and your colors. Most of the pictures either look dark or are too bright. Also the colors look flat in a lot of them.

Keep it up though!

josh

A portfolio should show the best level and variety of work you're capable of ... so put in what does this. However, there are issues with the photos you've posted that could be improved.

For me, the major problem is background - almost every shot has a distracting background. Those buildings at the top of 1 (crop to just the track instead); the green, black and red stuff to the left of her chin and chest in 2; 3 is not too bad but would be better with the background blurred out (use a wider aperture); the background in 4 is a "dirty" colour which doesn't help your image - clean white might have been better; 5 the background is ok ; in 6 way too much is going on above her head, right at the top of the frame, and it distracts a lot from the subject.

Teach yourself to look for distracting items like this and reframe your shots to eliminate them - it'll make a big difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back