Portfolio

My fave is the boxing shot actually, it just needs a colour correction done. Dito about the juggling though. Id reshoot if I were you.
good luck.

Not terribly...this site generally does me fine...but is this a simple question? or an offer?

Ohhh, another pic to add to show you guys, and the final 2 on their way.

IMG_5383.jpg

every photo posted should be in the portfolio.. just make different sections of your work... this way they all flow together and clients get to see your array of work, this way they know what all you can shoot and what not.

I agree with prelude- i said before soem photos might not mix well but in seprarete sections it will sure diversity, i love the train station shot, but to me it seems slanted slightly? the platform seems to go up towards the tracks?

Yeh it is slanted...it was a rather quick shot and didnt have time to compose properly, but I dont mind it like that hehe.

Thanks for the Advice Prelude and Lazarus, thats what im gonna try and do tonight :D

thats what were here for :) just your slaves, no but the shots are great, i forgot to post this is the last message but maybe with the violin shot, you could drop the saturation of the violin down a little, it dosent blend that well.

While i think of it- you need a portfolio to do work experience with a photographer? seems a bit strange to me (just because its only for work experience) And like you said maybe if this is aimed at their work they might see it as you trying to get better photos of the same type as them, very unlikely but some people can be like this.

*I just had another look through, your cat photo is very impressive, i wish my cat would stay still like that, but is it just you wall colors and carpet or does it have a slight color cast to it? Nice DOF and composition though

The white balance wasnt set properly for the cat photo :(

As for needing a portfolio...I dont...I just...want to impress them, and maybe if im reaalllyy lucky, they may offer me a job after work exeprience...thats what Im aiming for.

Thanks again Lazarus...and I would drop the saturation...but I dont have time...interview is at 4pm, and then I have to go straight to my brothers gig where im the photographer...dont even have time to go home inbetween i dont think :(

Personally, I'd lose the dog shots. The more recent posts were a lot better than the first couple. I'm not crazy about the b/w and color mix pictures either, but that is a personal taste issue. I would color correct a lot of these too.

IMPO, the only shot that doesn't seem to fit is this one...

IMG_4195.jpg

It seems more of a snapshot than a portfolio piece. Still, that's only my opinion, and others may feel otherwise. The photographs I feel truly deserve prominent places are: the action shot of the bus, the train station, the wine bottle and the chess set. These simply feel to me like the best compositions out of those posted. I'm not saying the others aren't good (in fact, they're fantastic photographs!) but those four seem to be the best of the best.

~Adam

Thanks for your views Adam, as im still gonna update my portfolio im going to replace the sunset and the dog one thanks to everyones advice :)

I feel it is very important to somehow remove the slant on the photo of the subway station, and on the horizon in the sunset shot.

I wouldn't include the one of your mum, even though she looks very nice indeed. Oh yes. The problem is that her nose is a bit shiny, and the background is not out of focus enough, imho.

I would photoshop the colour cast on many of your indoor shots.

Lose the dog. No, not literally, I mean the photo.

And I would crop the top of the boxing xhot, and of the tractor photo - the upper part adds nothing to the composition.

Just my two cents.

And if you were here with me now I would give you a clip round the ear for being a much better photographer than I was at your age. (Maybe even now, dammit.)

Kodan_Txips said:
I feel it is very important to somehow remove the slant on the photo of the subway station, and on the horizon in the sunset shot.

I wouldn't include the one of your mum, even though she looks very nice indeed. Oh yes. The problem is that her nose is a bit shiny, and the background is not out of focus enough, imho.

I would photoshop the colour cast on many of your indoor shots.

Lose the dog. No, not literally, I mean the photo.

And I would crop the top of the boxing xhot, and of the tractor photo - the upper part adds nothing to the composition.

Just my two cents.

And if you were here with me now I would give you a clip round the ear for being a much better photographer than I was at your age. (Maybe even now, dammit.)

Thanks for the comments mate, and I may start making those changes soon.

As for better photographer....NOOOOOO You KNOW thats not true :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back