Portfolio?

Put squarespace on the top of your list of places to check out when building your own site. It's simple, easy and they look great. Try out their free trial.

I use weebly for my personal site. I use worpress (woothemes) for my featured photographer site.

I love them both but they are very different. If you are thinking of blogging about your work then go with WP. If not then a portfolio is a portfolio if you can make it look nice.

Put squarespace on the top of your list of places to check out when building your own site. It's simple, easy and they look great. Try out their free trial.

Oh yes, Squarespace. I've heard many good things about them as well.

With regards to SmugMug, I was with them until a few months ago. The website layout is pretty amateur although you can custom code to give it a more personal look. If you want to sell using your own prices, you have to upgrade to the $300 level. You can go with Portfoliositez that has the flexcart for half the price.

Portfoliositez looks nice, the only reason smugmug appeals to me is because I can use it as a marketing venue quite easily. Is there another service that lets me add a buy/sell to my existing portfolio that runs through a lab and lets me set my margins? If so I could just buy a domain and design the site myself, and have a checkout of some kind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back