Portland is amazing

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_0191_EDIT_FINAL.jpg

Visited there over the weekend to check out PNCA and took some shots in and around downtown. It's just so amazing that there are so many parks around and SO MANY TREES compared to Seattle. Can't wait to move there in a few months!

As for the photo, i'm really partial about it, but it defiantly describes what I mean about the trees, there aren't many places where you can get a clean view of a building. The light filtering through is what caught my eye, and the juxtaposition of the architecture and industrialization to the natural light and the organic shape of the tree seemed to be a good idea at the time.

I love the angle you got on the tree...it is very interesting...I almost think a bit of a crop might benefit this shot...but I'm not totally sure...maybe a bit off of the bottom and the right.

You will love it. It's a very artistic community in Portland. Are you going to be studying at PNCA?

You will love it. It's a very artistic community in Portland. Are you going to be studying at PNCA?
Thanks for the comments!

Yes, I will be studying at PNCA! :thumbup:

My two best freinds up here are in the process of transferring over, and so I took a look at it last Saturday, talked to various people for about 2 1/2 hours, got a ton of information and really enjoyed my visit. I'm going back this Saturday to turn in my application, portfolio, talk to more people, and all the other things I need done so I can get the ball rolling for my transfer from the Art Institutes here in Seattle. I finally got fed up with the complete BS that this joke of a school is. If anyone reading this is considering going to AIS, DON'T. You're wasting time and money. The Art Institutes is all about making a buck. PNCA is affiliated with the Portland art gallery so it's non-profit and all the money you put in goes to your education, not someone's pocket. You can literally do anything you want that the school offers, any classes, use any of the facilities, ANYTHING. There is only about 350 students in the entire school and the student council has the largest budget over anything the school has, so if the school wants to buy anything, the students need to approve of it first. There is just so much more that PNCA offers, it's not even funny. I feel like a complete dumbass finishing half of the AA photo degree program here at AIS instead of just going to Portland. The worst part about it is that I knew about PNCA before I moved off to school, I thought the Art Institutes was was better than they are, but they're not.

Thats great. My brother is actually studies at PNCA. It's a great school he absolutely loves it. Contratulations. :thumbup:

Well, I haven't been accepted yet so lets not count the chicks before they hatch, but thank you.

Here's another shot I finished processing

DSC_0202_EDIT_SHOW.jpg

The first pic is really great. Love the colours and the light and the reflections! :thumbup: But please crop just above the Lease-sign, it's killing the pic.

pascal

Portland always did look like a beautiful city...one of the few places (along with Seattle, actually) that, if my future wife was ever like "we have to live in America, dammit", I'd choose...not that I've been to Portland, though

The first pic is really great. Love the colours and the light and the reflections! :thumbup: But please crop just above the Lease-sign, it's killing the pic.

Yes, I was going to suggest the same thing! Maybe just to the tip of the lamp posts... but I think that might be too much.

Seattle's alright. Wouldn't want to stay here though, way too busy all the time.

I didn't want to crop it, so I just cloned out the sign. I didn't want the tree to be too dominant.

DSC_0191_EDIT_FINAL-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back