Portovenere The Church

Sil

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
cVqjoy8.jpg

Nice. I like the way the colour in the sky is reflected in the buildings.

WesternGuy

Reactions: Sil
Thank Western... very kind...; -)

Wow what a gorgeous sky! I agree with Nancy, very GOT.

Thank Nancy and Square... a very good light for you..; - )

I love the colors and tones and I think you nailed the exposure time to get a nice sense of motion in the sky. The only issue for me is that the perspective distortion is, in my opinion, hurting the overall composition. I saw you were ok with your photos being edited so I did a quick edit to see how it looked corrected for perspective. You lose some foreground, but the corrected perspective, to me, takes if from really nice to excellent.

I love the colors and tones and I think you nailed the exposure time to get a nice sense of motion in the sky. The only issue for me is that the perspective distortion is, in my opinion, hurting the overall composition. I saw you were ok with your photos being edited so I did a quick edit to see how it looked corrected for perspective. You lose some foreground, but the corrected perspective, to me, takes if from really nice to excellent.

I guess it depends on what sil is going for. Your edit makes for a nice, accurate image, but I’m more attracted to the surreal look the distortion brings to this image.

That said, mine is a very untrained eye.

good job...thank crimbfihter...;-)

I guess it depends on what sil is going for. Your edit makes for a nice, accurate image, but I’m more attracted to the surreal look the distortion brings to this image.

thank Boutch for reply...;-)

It's most definitely subjective. To me it detracted from this particular image because it wasn't taken from a crazy perspective where the distortion emphasizes anything, but rather just feels like an unintended consequence of tilting a wide angle lens up to get the desired composition. Ironically my edit hurt the overall composition because it drastically cut out the foreground to correct the distortion. One way to account for that is to shoot a liitle wider if you know you will have to correct distortion in post, or keep the camera level, shoot much wider and crop in. Or you could always spend a ridiculous amount of money on a PC lens :biggrin-93:. Sil's original composition was very nice because the deeper foreground drew my eye naturally to the interaction between the church and sky, which I felt were the subjects of the image. Again, it is subjective, but that's why it felt off to me.

Very nice, Sil. Very nice.

I prefer your original over crimbfighter's edit. A matter of tastes, I guess.

This would have been my recommendation. Love the image. Good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back