Portrait: An Update

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2193618639_b5139d9532_b.jpg

So I put more effort into post-processing, what do you think?

Wow. Initially I had the intention to say something snarky because of something else, but IMO you nailed this shot. The extra effort definitely paid off.

The other sessions were pretty damn good, but this is a cut above.

Well done.

Looks great, but, If I had a chance, i would try to lighten the eyes to add a little more depth... not make them a lighter blue, but just.... deeper? No thats not the word....

Know what im talking about?

Wow. Initially I had the intention to say something snarky because of something else.
Thanks! It's not about my tacky post about doing things with your hands in your thread is it? :lol:
Looks great, but, If I had a chance, i would try to lighten the eyes to add a little more depth... not make them a lighter blue, but just.... deeper? No thats not the word....

Know what im talking about?
Thanks!

Not really, show me!
Beautiful!!!
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!

looks good....

there is just something about her, she's a really cute girl, I hope she knows that!

looks good....

there is just something about her, she's a really cute girl, I hope she knows that!
Thanks!

She's very confident in front of the camera, so I take it she knows. She's a smart girl.

The picture has a lovely golden look to it, how was this done?
It's also super sharp, what settings did you use?
To me I see an umbrella high on the left and a reflector on the right.

She has a beautiful slender neck that you kept in the shot. The shadows are a soft and delicate as she is. You framed and finished it beautifully.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

there is something about her eyes that dont look real. maybe the whites are too white? im not entirely sure what it is, though...

Lower the opacity of the layer affecting the whites of her eyes and you'll have an outstanding portrait.

Lower the opacity of the layer affecting the whites of her eyes and you'll have an outstanding portrait.
Thanks!
The whites look believable at 100%:
2194637581_1a0cbf4f6c_o.jpg

That is an awesome shot. I really love the colors in it.
Thanks!
Gorgeous shot!
Thanks Kanikula!
there is something about her eyes that dont look real. maybe the whites are too white? im not entirely sure what it is, though...
Yeah, they look more believable at 100%.
Is that the same girl from here? http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106958

If it is then I'm amazed!
Yes to the best of my knowledge, it's the same girl. :>
The picture has a lovely golden look to it, how was this done?
It's also super sharp, what settings did you use?
To me I see an umbrella high on the left and a reflector on the right.

She has a beautiful slender neck that you kept in the shot. The shadows are a soft and delicate as she is. You framed and finished it beautifully.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
The golden look was just hue/saturation adjustment layer with yellow increased in saturation. I did the hair separately with high pass overlay to increase its texture. Also some dodge and burn on it.

There was only one light, just an strobe bounce from an umbrella to her right.

the eyes look perfect now!

stunning job!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back