Portrait (C&C please)

[JR]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.warpt.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first "serious" artistic portrait. My girlfriend was laying down on my bed and I snapped a few shots.

My_sweet_angel_by_unrealmotion.jpg

I'd like comments and criticism on this photo...

Thank you :)

did you do any PP to this image? I think it could be a good shot, if you toned down the light on the right side of her face (left side if your looking at the photo)

Agree with CW... I like the composition but her face is washed out...

Jul

do a little editing, If I was better at PP I would help you out a bit, but I really am not lol I know what I would do to it... just not how to make it look right.

She is making a great face in the picture and the composition looks great

personally, I wouldnt have even used a flash... just bump up the exposure time a bit and use a tripod. I mean from your first post they seemed kind of spur of the moment type pictures. Its there, just need to tone down that flash a bit lol

I think the washed out look works here. It doesn't for every image, but it's a trend thingie and I see a lot of it in advertising. Perhaps not quite as washed out, and you might have been able to counteract it by reducing the shadow on the other side of the face (giving it a more 'high key' overall look rather than high-contrast).

On the other end of the spectrum, and I'm not sure it would work, I think I might even try pushing the edginess in post a bit since you said the flash was a bit hot, it might be a way to 'save' the image.

Worth a re-shoot for sure, but I don't think there are glaring technical errors with it. Minor nits and stylistic choices that might not sit with everyone, more like.

I think the washed out look works here. It doesn't for every image, but it's a trend thingie and I see a lot of it in advertising. Perhaps not quite as washed out, and you might have been able to counteract it by reducing the shadow on the other side of the face (giving it a more 'high key' overall look rather than high-contrast).

On the other end of the spectrum, and I'm not sure it would work, I think I might even try pushing the edginess in post a bit since you said the flash was a bit hot, it might be a way to 'save' the image.

Worth a re-shoot for sure, but I don't think there are glaring technical errors with it. Minor nits and stylistic choices that might not sit with everyone, more like.
Thank you so much :) I will reshoot as soon as I get the opportunity... Karine's very sick right now, thanks to doctors not diagnosing a blood infection in time :thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back