Portrait C&C

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Warning: You Fall You Lose :)
6958348305_73cb03503e_b.jpg

Her eyes are beautiful, yet I still find myself drawn to her cheeks and forehead because of how bright they are. The chest is either completely blown out or a combination of blown out and over smoothened. I also feel like the full-frontal pose makes her shoulders look very broad but perhaps that's just me.

Is the DOF done in-camera or in post?

I shot wide open with my 50/1.4 so DOF was totally in camera :)

What do you mean the colour is not been matched? The high key look is entirely intentional.

I like it! It is bright.. very high key... almost surreal. But that is part of the charm also. Nicely done... (I am at work on uncalibrated monitors.. so it may look brighter than it is). Looks like a painting! Nice job working with the DOF!

To much bright featureless skin on the chest. Subject is too square to the camera.
Try a crop from the bottom to just below the longest hair. Next time out have her turned a bit.
I like the thin depth of field, not sure the high key works that well with this particular shot.

I think he may mean some areas of the skin appear blue tint and some red tint.

I like it. The only CC is have is her chest is blue.

Bossy, stop staring at her Chest!
Here is the "original" with the white balance untouched.
6959670675_ea428a6f1d_b.jpg

Of course the image has, as per my tradition, been heavily retouched.

Bossy, stop staring at her Chest!
Here is the "original" with the white balance untouched.
6959670675_ea428a6f1d_b.jpg

Of course the image has, as per my tradition, been heavily retouched.

I do prefer this one to the one you initially posted! :0

Well ask her is she happy with it? If she is happy that is what really counts>

I don't mind the retouching, I just think the skin tone needs to be even across her skin :)

The original is just not working for me...I see what you were going for...but it's not coming through very well. The second photo, the original as it were, looks awfully ruddy on the skin...

Most reactions

Back