Portrait Camera

photoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of cameras school yearbook and others use? They take alot of pictures, the picture of the student, and also take a picture of a notecard filled out with information that is inserted into the camera.

Do you know how much they cost, where i can get one, what format they are on?

Any info for this would be helpful :D

I think they use medium format cameras with large film backs. Medium format cameras provide bigger negatives which makes it easier to get larger prints than a 35mm negative. Medium format cameras can be quite expensive to get the required components for.
I'm not sure how to get the notecard in there but I imagine that some of the backs that you can purchase for a medium format camera have the ability to put stamps on the photos. You'd have to check on that further.
I hope I came close to helping

The maker is Camerz, 800-787-8078. It is called a long roll film camera, and it has the capability to store information or take a picture of the info card when inserted. You'll have to read the brochures to decide what functions you need, and now there's not only film but digital versions. They are expensive in my opinion to get into, so you have to weigh out how much business you have contracted before deciding. I do only a couple thousand students a year so I use my medium format cameras with 220 rolls. It just makes more sense to me economically as I use the same cameras for all my other portrait business. A collegue of mine is trying to convince me to go 35 mm digital for school stuff so there's lots of possibilities. Office staff will get over not having the names of each student on the file copies if they like you and your work.

-Tom.

I agree with PortraitMan

The only thing that I would add is: you can get a 100 ft roll back for an RB. Depending on your lab, this could save you $$

Most reactions

Back