Portrait CC

Are you color blind?

Considering the original, it is hard to imagine how you got to the first one you showed us...

As for the bad job removing the fan blade, I would work on improving your PP skills but, at the same time, I think most people would have thought this was a dirty ceiling in this case. Well, at least until seeing the original.

What a difference! I wasn't struck by the colour version but I think the "vintage" version works really well. Is this the same photo? In the first photo he seems to be looking slightly down towards the camera whereas in the other two he is looking "out". The last edit gets my vote :thumbup:

the first edit is terrible, but I really like the sepia edit! I wouldn't consider it a portrait, but an interesting shot anyway!

I'm not an expert...but this was my attempt at an edit.

photopractice1.jpg

The subject is worthy of more shooting. He has a look that can capture. I keep seeing a good B&W in there somewhere. Keep practicing.

Thanks for your comments.

No folks, I am not color blind. I like to play with color and I was going for a vintage, carnival, poppy feel. I knew the colors were different than the original. :meh: I missed the mark with most of you. To me his eyes were as blue as they are in person and the color of his glasses worked for me and I think it looks awesome printed. You're right, that this pose does not usually work as it can look up someones nose too much or make it look much larger than it is but in this case - it works for me here. I do need to redo the edit of the fan blade :thumbdown:...... agreed....

and can I close this thread with "good eye" Bitter ;)

I calibrated my monitor today with my Spyder. . I don't see the two different greens u speak of....only yellows as I look again. Hmmmm

From this and other comments, I was of the impression that you did not see the issues...apparently you did know...

Most reactions

Back