Portrait for C&C

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went for a walk with my wife and the dogs at a park near where i live.
I had my camera and my flashes in my trunk so we took a few pictures!

i used 2 vivitar on a TriFlash mount at 1/4 with a shoot trough umbrella for fill and i used the sun for back lightning
5061082119_c099a3f05e.jpg
[/url]
5061085495_c602cee18e.jpg
[/url]
5061079081_24982b6135.jpg
[/url]

This one was shot all natural light

5061714194_d5ec616a27.jpg
[/url]

The first two seem a bit oversaturated/constrasty.. But I really like the tones and feeling of the third shot. The last one is just cute =)

i like em alot. it does look a bit crayon drawn but i like it. good job! cute dogs by the way!

Nice shots,but if you had raised your shutter speed a touch it would have darkened the sky and brought the clouds out more

I like the first shot a lot. I can't wait until I get my flashes. I just love the way shots look with off camera flashes. It's almost a surreal look on it's own.

Have you read up on the latest zigging techniques? Recently a book came out describing new techniques. And you should try alternating filters so that between every two ND filters is a Circular Polarizer with a maximum of 3. If you need to go beyond three put one linear polarizer on and continue as before adding ND, Circular Polarizer, ND, etc

Why would you use an ND filter for a portrait shoot? You'd just end up with a lot of ghosting

Thanks!

The colors came out crazy. Actually there is not that much post processing on these. Exposure and some minoir tweak but nothing major. I didnt even add saturation!

Nice shots,but if you had raised your shutter speed a touch it would have darkened the sky and brought the clouds out more
Maximum sync speed was reached in this case

I like the 3rd the best. I really like the angle and framing using the tree. I would maybe dodge the green leaves a bit cause it kinda shows where the flash hit on the yellow leaves. Atleast thats how it looks to me

I like every single one of them! The overexposed just makes them pop. Just the 1st one, the lighting of the subject looks a little surreal to me but other than that every single one of them are keepers! You did a super GREAT job on these!

I think at the end of the day it all becomes our "opinion" of the images. Rules can always be bent in photography or else they'd all look the same. That's how I feel :)

I like every single one of them! The overexposed just makes them pop. Just the 1st one, the lighting of the subject looks a little surreal to me but other than that every single one of them are keepers! You did a super GREAT job on these!

I think at the end of the day it all becomes our "opinion" of the images. Rules can always be bent in photography or else they'd all look the same. That's how I feel :)
totally agree...

the pose on the first just doesnt work, but #2 redeemed it!

very nice set

totally agree...

the pose on the first just doesnt work, but #2 redeemed it!

very nice set

Im going to be the oddball here and disagree. I think angled shots are trendy and not iconic. Angled shots have to fit the subject and I for one do not think that a full length portrait in this setting fits an angled shot. Much prefer the first one.

I like the set other than 2 or three. 2 - because of above mentioned and in three the lighting seems to be making the tree leaves glow above her and I believe she should be the focus and my eyes are drawn back to the tree.

Last edited:
I LIKE the third shot...it has some potential, but it's not that impressive when seen so small. The third shot looks pretty realistic, and is a nice, traditional calm type of pose. I REALLY like the low camera positioning on #3 and the out of focus foreground leading to your seated subject. The inclusion of the large, overhead limb with colorful fall leaves is neat too--a bit unexpected, a bit different...and it really makes the photo look fall-like.

The first shot is pretty good--the setting is lovely, and the use of the flash + sunlight as backlighting is excellent strategy. On #2 you "ran out of shutter speed" it looks like; the background light on the clouds is over-exposed, so like gsgary said, a little bit faster shutter speed would have helped. Overall, pretty decent work! Lovely setting, excellent shooting strategies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back