Portrait for C&C

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

Here's a portrait for C&C. I don't do many of these so I'm not sure if the colors are right, etc... I think it looks pretty good though.

The settings are:

1/500, f7.1, ISO 100 70-200@75mm

fb0op.jpg

Thanks,
Danny

Colors look good, and the image is sharp. I may have preffered him looking into the lens, and maybe a reflector underneath to remove some of the harsh shadows and bring out his eyes.

I like the colors, the focus is good, but I agree with the eyes... you missed the light in his eyes. (which happens to me a lot) Otherwise, really nice.

I like the colors, the focus is good, but I agree with the eyes... you missed the light in his eyes. (which happens to me a lot) Otherwise, really nice.

Hi,

What does that mean? "i missed the lights in his eyes". Too dark with the shadows?

Thanks,
Danny

Hi,

What does that mean? "i missed the lights in his eyes". Too dark with the shadows?

Thanks,
Danny

There are no catchlights in the eyes which can make the eyes look lifeless. In this case, I think it reads as a shot taken on a really sunny day.

Commonly referred to as 'catch lights'. These additions add sparkle and life to the eyes. They display a slight reflection from the key or main light source. The sun being the most common light source, catch lights are best received in the 11:00 to 1:00 positions because we are accustomed to seeing them in that position from overhead.

Commonly referred to as 'catch lights'. These additions add sparkle and life to the eyes. They display a slight reflection from the key or main light source. The sun being the most common light source, catch lights are best received in the 11:00 to 1:00 positions because we are accustomed to seeing them in that position from overhead.

Simultaneous post... you beat me to it by seconds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back