portrait help

hollisterguyo7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
whats some tips i can use when editing portraits of girls... i would like to do something with there eyes??? any tips to make a portrait look better???

post an example of a photo you are trying to improve. we can't help if we can't see the problems

Wrong place to ask for tips...this is the gallery. But yea, you need to be more specific, we don't have any idea of what you are trying to do.

like any portrait in general just a gurl with maybe trees in the background but i see people do like the entire thing dest. then make the eyes bright n stuff or the eyes stand out

like any portrait in general just a gurl with maybe trees in the background but i see people do like the entire thing dest. then make the eyes bright n stuff or the eyes stand out

many ways to do that......dodge and burn is one

iif u may explain pleaseee

In Photoshop, there is a tool called the "Dodge Tool" (other image editing programs should have something like it) Choose it and select the appropriate range (shadows/midtones/highlights) and exposure. Then just paint over the eyes to brighten it up. Here's an example:

And no, I'm not a photoshop guru. I just play around a lot and things work out (sometimes).

In Photoshop, there is a tool called the "Dodge Tool" (other image editing programs should have something like it) Choose it and select the appropriate range (shadows/midtones/highlights) and exposure. Then just paint over the eyes to brighten it up. Here's an example:

And no, I'm not a photoshop guru. I just play around a lot and things work out (sometimes).

Thanks for that info! I had no idea about the dodge tool, but it does a great job for lightening up eyes.

Most reactions

Back