Portrait lenses

Phil2k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That lens does have a pretty good reputation. I've heard several people say that it performs as well as Canon & Nikon lenses that cost a lot more.
That would certainly work as a portrait lens.

Personally, I like a slightly longer lens for portraits, as long as there is room to work. I use my 70-200mm F2.8 as often as possible.

Another option would be the Canon 85mm F1.8.

85mil on crop is a bit too much for portraits, at least for my tastes.

I'd vote for that 50mm f/1.4

That lens does have a pretty good reputation. I've heard several people say that it performs as well as Canon & Nikon lenses that cost a lot more.
That would certainly work as a portrait lens.

Personally, I like a slightly longer lens for portraits, as long as there is room to work. I use my 70-200mm F2.8 as often as possible.

Another option would be the Canon 85mm F1.8.

A good reputation? The Sigma has a horrible reputation for focus problems. If you get a good copy, it's very comparable to the Canon 50 1.2, but you will need to send it in with your camera if it needs to be calibrated. There are tons of discussions about this on here. I personally like the Canon 50 1.4, which is very small and lightweight. If you prefer to do tighter portraits, the 85 1.8 is one of the best lenses Canon makes. The 135 equivalent is perfect for portraits, especially outside.

Most reactions

Back