Portrait of a 3 year old

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
L.jpg

Another attempt at a portrait... am I improving at all? I'm certainly more frustrated lately.

Very very nice, beautiful eyes and love how they stand out...

Very very nice, beautiful eyes and love how they stand out...

yes i definitely agree. the eyes are beautiful and they stand out really nicely. I like how it's not completely posed....it's candid, kind of. Nice.

Wonderful job! I love this... it captures the happy mood and innocence a three year old has.

I like this photo, especially the shallow depth of field. Makes you look at her expression more, but the rest is not so out of focus that it takes away from the image or anything. Its just right. (may sound confusing lol)

Wow. I really thank all of your encouraging words :)

Magnificent portrait her eyes are awesome and the dof wonderfull.

Why did you convert to B&W if I may ask?

Also see if changing the contrast helps you unless you wanted a flatter tone range.

Why did you convert to B&W if I may ask?

Also see if changing the contrast helps you unless you wanted a flatter tone range.

I played with both color and black and white. To be honest, since I'm still very much trying to get a handle on digital post processing I tend to fall back to what I'm comfortable with in film and that's black and white.

I have played with changing the contrast, and I'm fairly happy with the flatter tone range since it help accentuate the eyes... I notice when I up contrast it takes some of the focus from them.

I am still playing and I appreciate your input. Thank you very much.

I'd leave the contrast as it is I think. Increasing it wouldn't be too flattering to a child of her age. The levels look a little low on highlight side though and a touch of sharpening makes her eyes sparkle nicely.

Most reactions

Back