mcap1972

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.avangardphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Toronto Wedding Photographer Avangard Photography -1-2.jpg

Welcome to the site. Not sure if you are wanting feedback or c&c on this image or just sharing.

Honestly, I think that there is too much negative space at the top and would like to see more of the Bride and her dress.

Interesting; definitely, IMO, an unusual approach. "Bridal portrait" to me is happy, bright, and generally shows off the dress and flowers to advantage.

Looks perfect for a very heavy Instagram filter effect to be overlayed. This one's outside the box. Errrr....I mean, she's within the box...down there at the bottom of it!

I have to agree; less negative space and more of the bride.
It's a good conceptual approach but a bit of overkill, imo.

With all that extra space she looks lonely. And maybe a little pissed -- stood up?

She looks lost and tiny. Would have preferred to see more of her and possibly closer.

I agree with the rest. LOTS of negative space there. Maybe if something interesting was on the wall or something but the wall basically dwarfs her. She also has a look that seems to be creating an emotion that doesn't have a "joyous" feel but that may just be me.

On my browser I only saw the top half first - a brick wall.
only after I scrolled down did I see the bride. Way too much brick wall and everything everyone else said ^^^

I think I'm getting the vibe here.

Well done!

Karsh. Pablo Casals.

Not saying this one works, but bleating along about negative space etc is just enforcement of TPF's norms, not actual criticism.

Liked the lighting. Care to share what type of lighting you used?
THanks

...bleating along about negative space etc is just enforcement of TPF's norms, not actual criticism.
So what should have been said? If a half-dozen people all saying they don't like a particular aspect of an image isn't criticism, then what the heck is?

Thanks for the comments. It was just a window light. I was experimenting with cropping. Here is the full photo as it was composed. And the wide-angle shot so it will give you an idea about the surroundings.

Wedding Pictures-1-7.jpg

Wedding Pictures-1-5.jpg

Most reactions

Back