Portrait of a friend

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot with the 135L, 6D and the AD600..
Still working on my posing, I draw a blank when I get out there. I kinda like this one but wish I would have had her shift her weight to her back leg.
20170818185036_IMG_2037-01.jpeg

The 135mm f/2 Canon L-series is a cracking lens for pictures like this one!

I love the lens. Love it!
I'm trying to figure out color and keeping it consistent.
IMG_2018-01-01.jpeg

The picture I'm posting now is the real color of the dress. Looking like I need to invest a few bucks and get a grey card, right? Right now I'm just putting the camera on auto white balance. I have another girl coming over tomorrow, could I get away with taking a "test shot" with her holding a white peice of paper or shoot and fill the frame with a white peice of paper?
Any advice is welcome. Right now it's looking like she had 5 outfit changes and in reality wore one dress!!

i quite like that last shot, but watch your focus.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the exposure bumped a full stop here. IMO, I don't see the point to using lights, then underexposing with them.

Looking like I need to invest a few bucks and get a grey card, right? Right now I'm just putting the camera on auto white balance. I have another girl coming over tomorrow, could I get away with taking a "test shot" with her holding a white peice of paper or shoot and fill the frame with a white peice of paper?
Any advice is welcome. Right now it's looking like she had 5 outfit changes and in reality wore one dress!!

The 18% Gray target will provide the most accurate WB for color, but anything white will do in a pinch. White Styrofoam plates, boxes, etc, work well. If you have LR, it's relatively easy to synch all your shots. Select all the images though want to work with, go to the test shot, use the eye dropper tool to set WB on the card. Now click on Synch when the menu pops up select WB only - OK, and all of your images you selected will be set the same WB

Most reactions

Back