portrait of a girl.

Pleasetakeitkind

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

steve208thrcopy-1.jpg

Thanks. I like to push the highlights as far as i can while still preserving detail.

Have you posted this before or just a photo of the same girl? Because I distinctly remember retouching her face.

She's very pretty. Looks like Claire Danes.

In fact you are correct. Due to my serious lack of available models, and urge to learn. I have found myself spending hours going through old pictures and editing them. If you remember this particular shot was a mess to begin with.

First thing I look at are the eyes. You could spend a lot of time in Photoshop correcting the problem, but I think it would be better to take new pictures with better lighting.

If you get her eyes to pop, this would be a winner.

I hate to sound critical (cause I do like the photo), but what about airbrushing out some of the complexion issues on her left cheek and below her lower lip? The photo is great, but if you want it to look professional (like if you're selling the photo), then most IMO would do this. If you're wanting it to be more artistic, and for your own collection, you may want to leave it as is, cause it does add a sense of character.

BTW, this is no jab at the model or the photographer. Everyone has blemishes, especially in higher-key shots, and it looks like the blemishes are not near as noticeable as they COULD be.

Sorry if I seem negative. but I just am giving out my two cents. Please don't be upset at me.

I hate to sound critical (cause I do like the photo), but what about airbrushing out some of the complexion issues on her left cheek and below her lower lip? The photo is great, but if you want it to look professional (like if you're selling the photo), then most IMO would do this. If you're wanting it to be more artistic, and for your own collection, you may want to leave it as is, cause it does add a sense of character.

BTW, this is no jab at the model or the photographer. Everyone has blemishes, especially in higher-key shots, and it looks like the blemishes are not near as noticeable as they COULD be.

Sorry if I seem negative. but I just am giving out my two cents. Please don't be upset at me.

Here is the original. I used alot of skin smoothing techniques, but didn't want to make it look too plastic.

steve208.jpg

The processed shot appears over-exposed and is a tad too warm. She needs less processing on her left-face and more on her right. She also needs work on the eyes, under-eye, lips, chin, and neck.

Here is the original. I used alot of skin smoothing techniques, but didn't want to make it look too plastic.

Wow. I don't want to sound bad, cause she's such a pretty girl, but her complexion has seen better days. Maybe she was nervous or something, a lot of times that will bring out red bumps on the face.

You did a good job with the post processing after seeing the original. It does look a little plasticky, but I always like the faux look in glamor photography. Its supposed to be slightly unrealistic, but as long as its believable (which it is) I don't think you've gone too far.

You did a good job with the post processing after seeing the original. It does look a little plasticky, but I always like the faux look in glamor photography. Its supposed to be slightly unrealistic, but as long as its believable (which it is) I don't think you've gone too far.

I don't want to sound bad. But really...and this time I'd actually like you answer...what are you talking about?

1) This does not look plastic. It looks overexposed. This is plastic.

2) This is not glamour. It's beauty.

3) Glamour is not characterized by fake skin.

4) Beauty retouches are not supposed to be slightly unrealistic. They're supposed to be believable and flawless.

I like it. I would remove the red vein in her eye though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back